Our Read-a-thon is a program that brings students together with family and friends to encourage reading and to build literacy skills. The focus of the Read-a-thon is for everyone to know we are committed to improving reading skills while having fun! Last year we raised almost $20,000 to help with extra improvements for our new building. This year we are raising money to support school subscriptions that enhance online student learning. Our Read-a-thon will be from Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 through Friday, February 28, 2022.
You can sign up using our special school link below. A flyer is also being sent home We understand that, as parents, you have high expectations for the quality of your child’s education but also have limited time. That’s why we chose to hold a Read-a-thon. You will find this to be the easiest fundraiser possible. By simply activating your reader’s personal page and using the promotional tools found there, friends and family anywhere in the world can show their support for your reader by donating to our Read-a-thon. Your involvement in the Read-a-thon will help your child develop a lasting love of reading. We hope each one of you will activate your child’s personal page today! Your child will get a prize just for signing up!
You Can Register Now. Go to:
Enter the code: 244328
To sign up. You can do it all in a minute or two and really help us meet our financial needs. How It Works:
- Activate your account at the link above. Enter the code 244328 and chose your child’s reading teacher. If you set up an account in previous years, disregard that and open a new account. Same email is fine.
- Use the easy online tools to tell friends and family about our Read-A-Thon.
- Track and log at home reading sessions online.
- That’s it!
Thanks so much, Potomac Elementary School PTA
Prizes for Read-A-Thon Sponsorship Levels
$25 – Smencil
$50 – Popit, fidget toy, or spinner
$75 – Electronics: LED lights, chargers, or chrome book accessories
$100 – Donut dining with Dr. Allie
$200 – Sprinkles Gift Certificate for $15
$300 – Bookmark with timer and light or Sprinkles certificate for $15 + one item from above list
$400 – Principal for an hour + two items from above
$500+ Fun photo shoot with Dr. Allie & Mojo! (Green screen, fun props, balloon arch and more)
Prizes for Reading
- Each week there is a top winner in each grade level (A Variety of prizes to choose from)
- Each week there is a top class K-1/ 2-5 (Krispy Kreme Donuts)
- The class and winner will be posted on the Monday Potomac Beat
At the end of the read-a-thon….
- K-5 top winners will win a pizza and Krispy Kreme party for his/her class.
- Two winners from each grade will win a sweet treat and have lunch with Dr. Allie
- **** You must read at least 6000 minutes total over the 4 weeks to have your name entered.