Our next General Membership meeting will be held on May 27th at 6:30pm at Churchill High School directly before the Talent Show. We will vote to approve the incoming slate of officers and our new bylaws. There will also be a brief treasurer’s report.
2022 PES PTA Bylaws
We are required to update our PTA bylaws every three years. Please click on the link below to read our 2022 Bylaws in advance of the General Meeting.
Please click below to download our P&L Statement for PES PTA Financial Activity from 7/1/21-4/30/22.
2022-23 Incoming Board Members
- President – Janan Gohari
- VP/President Elect – Golru Ghaffari
- Recording Secretary – Fred Olowin
- Corresponding Secretary – Susana Zhuo
- Treasurer – Katie Koshy
- Membership – Melanie Haskell
- Programs – Maryellen Grant
- Events – Alyssa Coe
- Delegate #1 – Anh Chu
- Delegate #2 – Shannon Gilmore
2022-23 Incoming Committee Chairs
Honorary Board Member Position
- Book Fair: Jen Dennis, Maryellen Grant
- Read-a-Thon: Susana Zhuo, Janan Gohari, Shannon Gilmore
- Chinese Immersion (Lunar New Year): Yueqin Zhao
- NAACP: Eugenia Roque
- Gifted and Talented: Marisa Safa
- Back to School Picnic: Allison Fialkov
- Spring Fair: Delicia Hand
- International/multicultural night: Golru Ghaffari, Lisa Moussa
- Skate Night: Meghan Anderson, Pascale Dennis
- Potomac’s got Talent: Mrs. Whitman
- Yearbook: Katie Koshy, Caryne Roey
- Steam Night: Evelyn Garland
- 5th Grade Graduation: Golru Ghaffari
- Sister School Liaison: Katie Koshy
- Sunshine Committee Chair: Kimberly King
Open 2022-23 Committee Chair Positions
100th Anniversary Committee Chair (1-2 Persons Needed)
In 2023, Potomac Elementary School will celebrate 100 years of educating our children! To mark this occasion, we are planning several events and activities beginning in January 2023. The 100th Anniversary Chair will work with Mrs. Bailey to execute class events and activities between January-June 2023. The chair will also be responsible for an alumni event to take place in Spring 2023. Event preparation will include securing a venue, developing a program, inviting alumni, and recruiting other parents to volunteer. The PTA Board will provide assistance, marketing, and execution. The 100th Anniversary Committee Chair reports to the Events Director, and while welcome at all PTA Board meetings, attendance is completely optional.
If you are interested in any of the open committee positions above, please contact Maryellen Grant on our nominating committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.